Having Backlogs!! Read how karthik keyan played with them?


I Failed 12th STD Board Exam in Chemistry by 5 marks



Cleared in Second Attempt, I thought my life was over

Written : March 2018
Location : Chennai

Joined Engineering in 2011 B.Tech(IT) in a very famous college in Chennai

First Semester ALL CLEAR.
My Grades Started to go down the drain.

I had 22 Backlogs

While Everyone was preparing for campus placements I was Preparing for My Arrears, It was Horrible, I focused on clearing my backlogs, Did not care about campus, Did not even bother to attend placement training.

There were days where I had to Write 2 exams in the same day Morning & Afternoon. It was that Bad, I Put up a Timetable & studied.

I Made a GAME PLAN

6th Semester i Cleared 9 Papers
7th Semester i Cleared 9 Papers

8th Semester 2 current + 4 backlogs, Cleared only 4(dad health issues)

Cleared remaining 2 Papers in 9th Semester - After Course completion(2015 Chennai Floods & Lots of Rescheduling)

Feb 2016 Joined a small UK based KPO Company for 16K a month (CTC) in Hand was 11200.

Worked there for 18 Months, Friends Cousin Offered a better job with 10K hike in his startup, When I finished my notice Period there was no Job(Payment issues, I Dont blame him), I had too much pride to go back to the old company.

Being From IT department I had no interest in coding.

In what stream I can be qualified to search job for, I had no experience in Marketing, Operation or Finance or Anything.

The usual talks in House Started by Now,
Dad Complained “I was always on Phone & not Searching for a Job.”
I was without a job for 3 months

I Made a GAME PLAN (Again).

I searched for a Job Everywhere.

I mean Everywhere. I applied Companies in Alphabetical Order.

A for Amazon
B for BNY Mellon, BookMyShow
C for CTS, Capegemini
D for DHL, DELL, Deloitte Etc.,

Google Facebook Ola Uber Even Zomato & Swiggy.

I used Naukri to Search Jobs, At one point I applied for a job in Naukri.

Results:

By My Last Payslip I was Making 2.25LPA
Most companies did not even call me for an Interview.
Just Received Auto Respond Thank you Mail for sending Resume.
Attended interviews in a lot of Company (more than 12)

Dint not clear second round in Amazon.
Declined Offer in RR Donnelley, Offered only 20% Hike (I asked for 30 & they had a BOND)
Selected for HCL at 3.27LPA but I was not happy about it,
No issues with the company or Anything, They did Offer me around 45% Hike more than 1 Lakh.

But I Felt Something Better was waiting for Me, Like a Higher Calling, Something Bigger was coming towards me.

Jan 2018 Lunar Eclipse

I was Watching the Moon Consumed by Darkness, the Light From the Sky disappeared, I was thinking how is my life going to be, is it going to dark like this,
After a While i saw the Moon Emerge Back,

I saw a bit of light, The Moon Emerging From the Shadow even Brighter.
I Receive a Call, One of the Companies I attended Interview more than 20 day ago Called me, Said that I was selected & They wanted me to Join Immediately.

They Almost Doubled my salary (Got 80% I asked for 30%)





Unlimited Free Food & Snacks for 24 Hours (Both North & South Indian, Multiple Dishes)





Free Juice & Fruits(Not a Single Fruit, Around 6 different Fruits) at Night





Reimbursement for my Transportation (First class Train Pass)





Free I Phone (Can choose other Brands too) I am happy with my OnePlus 5.





I can even have my Own Bean Bag.(Everything on Auto Approval by Manager)





No Dress Code, I have my Bum on one chair my Feet on another wearing Track pant, Flip Flops & a LOTR T-Shirt while writing this





And lot more benefits.



From Failing in Board Exam & having nearly 2 Dozen Arrears in Engineering (5.92 CGPA)

I got the lowest Pass Grade “E” is all my theory subjects



My Life changed because I planned accordingly

It doesn’t Matter if you have 14 Backlogs, Trust me from someone Experienced

MARKS DO NOT MATTER

I am 24 years old Now (March 2018), I still have Miles to Go & I will never lose Hope.

Start Slowly, My Life did not change Quickly like flipping a Coin.

It Takes Time, All you can do is be in ok Patient , Hope & Hard work.

Hope it Helps.

PS : In case you need to know whe I'mre I work.



ZOHO😎
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers

Recent Posts