story of a sisters brother......

At the age of 11 my mother forced me to accompany my sister (17) whenever she went outside.

I was obviously reluctant at first but finally agreed. I used to sit behind the activa while she rode to the grocery store, shopping mall etc.

It was all good until the following incident took place.

It was around 7 pm and we were coming back from the supermarket.

Two boys with covered faces stopped their bike in front of us, passed an inappropriate comment and disappeared before we could think of anything.

I was perplexed. I was shocked. I felt helpless. I felt weak. I knew the meaning of that comment.

I didn't eat properly that night. I was sleepless for a few days. Mom noticed a change in my behavior.

Mom: Is something bothering you? You don't seem fine.

Me: I was waiting to share it with someone. The stress was enormous and I told her exactly what I felt.

Mom: Did you talk to your sister after the incident?

Me: No maa!! If I felt helpless and weak, I can't even imagine what she would have felt.

Mom: This is why I told you to accompany her. Se

But now you know that it is not. I'm sure you wouldn't want any girl to feel like the way your sister did.

And she was right. The people close to me know that I've severed friendships, raised my voice but I never compromised on this fact.

I would never ever want any girl to feel the way my sister did.
e, you are going to be a teenager soon and perhaps you'll think that it's cool to follow a girl or pass some comments. Even some of your friends might force you. They'll tell you that it's OK.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers

Recent Posts