What is the best way to deal with sarcasm when you are a victim?

Most of the times people ask my whereabouts. One day, a sweet Indian lady asked the same.

She: Aniket, can you please tell me where you are from?

Me: I am from India ma’am.

(She got offended and said sarcastically)
She: I thought you are from Japan.

Me: Oh! Sorry ma’am, I have never been to Japan. And I don’t have a dual citizenship.

She: Don’t you understand sarcasm?

Me: Oh! Was it sarcastic? Sorry to disappoint you, but I couldn’t understand it.


was the victim of sarcasm here, did you notice how I handled it? First let me explain, what is Sarcasm in my own words.

Consider, you are offended and you want to slap that person, but your etiquette doesn’t allow you to do so. In that extreme situation when people use words to punch that person in the face, without abusing, and in a calm manner, is called Sarcasm.

Now in a different scenario, where you have become a victim of sarcasm, what will you do? Then, remember this golden rule!

Purpose of Sarcasm: Someone wants to punch you with their words.

The moment you react, that person succeeds in his/her purpose. And the moment you lose your mind, they win.

What to do?

Behave like an innocent person, like you have no idea what the hell sarcasm is. The moment, when the other person has to explain that he/she used sarcasm on you, they fail in their purpose. It is as simple as that.

Sometimes you win when you pretend to be a loser. This is the best way to deal with sarcasm.
I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you. Sorry for the mean, awful and accurate things I
 said.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers

Recent Posts